Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Solar Panels - Leasing Option

Solar Energy was my first thought when it came to Going Green. I became very interested in this after watching an episode of Extreme Makeover – Home Edition. The episode took part in the mid-west on an Indian Reservation and the show hooked the new home up to a windmill that allow the owners to actually sell excess electricity back to the grid. I knew that wind was probably not an option for us, so I started looking around at Solar Energy. The start up cost for the majority of the systems was cost prohibitive. Then I came across a company called CitizenrÄ“ REnU (this company was featured on a HGTV Show in 2007) that allows you to lease a system. Sounded like a good idea, so I signed up. However, it looks as if this company is having a difficult time getting off the ground. I have had no communication from them since July 2008. I am now looking to alternative solutions.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you have a local solar company. florida energy solutions located in seminole florida. the number to reach them is 727-470-2516... i spoke with A mr wright there.